Sponsor of Löwenschule Alzey
A real partnership leads to real inclusion
Lufthansa Technik AERO Alzey not only accepts, but actively supports diversity in the Rhine-Hesse region. As a long term sponsor of the special-needs school "Löwenschule" in Alzey we are not just talking about inclusion, we are turning it into reality.
Round about 80 developmentally challenged and sometimes also physically handicapped students between the age of six and nineteen years are currently attending the Löwenschule in Alzey. The integrated pedagogical concept has a focus on the basic school, but what is more also on a broad musical, social and job education. Lufthansa Technik AERO Alzey's way of living inclusion is also broad and can be explained by a few examples of our long term oriented partnership.
- We are providing students from the Löwenschule the possibility for internships in our facility or canteen management organization, to encourage them on take their first steps to professional life
- To organize summer and Christmas celebrations we call on smaller catering services (waffles, cakes, salads etc.) of the Löwenschule
- Events such as "management away days" where held at the Löwenschule and the catering was organized by the students and their teachers
- We supported the Löwenschule in getting a new school bus in 2011 and 2013
- We established a catering process for a "once a week canteen service" provided by the students and their advisers of the Löwenschule, where a "soup of the day" is offered to the LTAA employees